Woodstock CE Primary School is committed to providing a personalised curriculum with the individual pupil at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide a broad and balanced, enriched and extended curriculum tailored to individual needs. Therefore the curriculum is planned to recognise and meet the individual learning needs of each pupil and is differentiated to ensure learning opportunities are both challenging and appropriate. We aim to provide stimulating activities which will help pupils to make a successful transition to adulthood, and to be active and responsible citizens.
At Woodstock CE Primary School we believe that our curriculum enables pupils to foster a love of learning, develop life-long skills and engage in exceptional first-hand experiences that challenge, stimulate and promote their thinking. The central aims of our curriculum are to work in collaboration with families and the local community to provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and to achieve; and to promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life. Through a well-planned and organised curriculum, effectively taught by qualified and enthusiastic teachers, pupils are helped to:
- Gain a joy and commitment to learning that will last a lifetime
- Develop the essential literacy and numeracy skills they need to learn
- Develop the attitudes, understanding and skills to become successful, independent learners
- Foster their creativity
- Develop lively enquiring minds
- Develop personal Christian values, qualities and attitudes and be respectful other people and their views and opinions
- Develop appreciation and concern for the environment and the wider community and world
- Work co-operatively with others
- Work toward achieving their potential
We have a strong commitment to outdoor learning and environmentally-based work. Through their investigations of the environment, pupils acquire first-hand knowledge and develop skills across the curriculum. The core and foundation subjects of the National Curriculum, along with cross-curricular themes such as environmental and economic awareness, are thus integrated into a coherent whole.
Our curriculum is designed to reflect our aims and to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and other government guidance.