PE & Sport Premium
PE & Sport Premium is funding provided to primary schools to enhance the provision of PE and sport. The Government has committed to keeping the funding in place until 2020. It is for schools to decide how the PE and Sport funding is spent.
Principles for allocating the funding
To ensure that our PE & Sport Premium is spent in the most effective ways the following principles have been agreed:
- Provide high quality PE teaching delivered by a specialist Sports Teacher
- Extend our range of school sports clubs
- Develop pupil sport leaders who take an active part in decision making
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games Programme
- Run sports activities with partnership schools
- Undertake monitoring and analysis to identify pupils who do not participate in sporting activities beyond the school day, and provide support and encouragement to enrol them in an activity of their choice.
- Monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate the impact of spending on the outcomes for pupils.