At Woodstock CE Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, belief or socioeconomic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
We believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using materials that reflect the diversity without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
As a school we try to ensure that disabled pupils can play as full a part as possible in school life. We implement accessibility plans, which are aimed at:
- Increasing the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the curriculum.
- Improving the physical environment of the school to enable disabled pupils to take better advantage of education, benefits, facilities and services provided.
- Improving the availability of accessible information to disabled pupils and their families.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law.
Please click here to visit our policies page to read our school's Equality Policy and Plan.