Our wonderful Library Leaders help keep our library running smoothly. At lunchtime each day, they put away returned books, troubleshoot the computers, and help other children who visit the library. Library Leaders are selected from KS2, and they receive special training to do their jobs.
Parent Helpers / Library Volunteers
The Library depends on parent volunteers to keep it running. The work is fun, and it’s a great way to meet other parents and get to know the school better. All parent volunteers are hugely appreciated by the school!
If you’d like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a Library Volunteer Co-ordinator - Reshma van der Linden, Amy Greenfield and David Greenfield. We promise not to overwhelm you!
- If you have 5-10 minutes free before pickup once a week, you could put away books in the returns box. (This is a great job to do with a friend and means you don’t have to wait outside in the rain.)
- If you’re free on Friday mornings, even just for 30 minutes, we’d love to have you join our team in the Library (repairing books, cataloguing books, helping children check books out, etc.).
- If you’re willing to occasionally take some books home with you, you could repair them in your spare time.
- If you’re free a couple of times a year, you could help us hold a used book sale to raise money for the PTA and Library.
- If you have decorating talents, you could help with library décor and displays.
We are always glad to have donations of age-appropriate books in good condition. If we already have the book, or if it’s not a book we can use, we will put it in one of our Used Book Sales. These are held periodically throughout the year to raise money for the PTA and Library.
Please leave donations with the Office. Thank you!